*This page has general intractions. If you are a teacher, please also refer to Services only for Teachers page.
Arrangement of Materials
The books are classified by Nippon Decimal Classification.
To check the holdings of materials in the library, you can search with keywords such as title and author of the material in the search box of the library web page (Library Catalog= OPAC). Please click title of the searched material, then you can find out detailed result include location and status of the materials.
○If you want to search books
You can find general location of books by looking up "Location", and where they are exactly located by looking up "Call No."
○If you want to search Periodicals
You can find general location of periodicals by looking up "Location", and where they are exactly located by looking up "Periodical initials" and "Issued year".
Attention on location
If you want to read materials on the open bookshelves you can take them freely.
e.g. Tsushima Cen.Westbuild.4F , Tsushima Cen. Mainbuild. 3F
But if you want to read the materials in Stacks, please request them at Circulation desk. (For details, please check Use materials in Stack.)
e.g. Tsushima /4F/stacks
If you want to read materials disprayed "Laboratory" in Library Catalog, please consult a library staff. We will tell you who have them so that you can visit laboratory.
For details, please check the following pages.
Use Materials in Stacks
Request at Circulation Desk
If you want to read the materials in Stacks, please make a request at Circulation Desk with the following application form.
- We take out the materials in Stacks only on weekdays.
- The materials are ready after 10:00 on next weekday.
- If you apply by 17:00 on weekdays, you can receive materials on the day.
- We keep the requested materials at Circulation Desk for a week.
- We contact you only when there is some problem.
- If it is difficult for you to visit the library on weekdays, please fill out the form above and send to our inquiry address via e-mail or FAX by morning of the previous weekdays.
Access to Stacks (For Members)
If you are a faculty member, a graduate student or a 4th undergraduate student, you can access to Stacks.
If you want be in Stacks, please submit the following application form at Circulation Desk.
Please click here to download the application form from "Application Forms".
- Application acceptance hours: 9:00-17:00, Mon.-Fri.
Borrowing and Returning
You can borrow materials with your Student ID, faculty ID or Library Card.
Please bring your card and the materials you want to borrow to Circulation Desk. (If you are a visitor, please refer to "Attention for lending ".)
How to Use Automatic Book Circulation System
Please have the books you want to borrow and your library card ready.
You can borrow books with Automatic Book Circulation System in the library.
If there are materials that can not be borrowed by the system, please come to Circulation desk.
Maximum Number of Items and Loan Period
Different conditions are applied according to your status at Okayama University.
If you are not sure of your maximum items, please check the following table or show your library card and inquire at Circulation Desk.
|Users||Maximum Number of Items||Loan Period (Renewals)||Notes|
|Undergraduate students||Up to 10 materials|
2 weeks (1 times)
・”Books for Students” ”Lecture Related Books” : no renewal
・General books : 1 renewal
You cannot borrow some materials, such as reference-only books, current periodicals and newspapers.
|Graduate students||Up to 15 materials|
|Faculty members||Up to 30 materials|
|Students of The Open University of Japan||Up to 10 material|
*There is restrictions on the lending.
|Up to 5 materials||2 weeks (No)||You can not borrow some materials, such as "Books for Students","Lecture Related Books"reference-only books, current periodicals and newspapers. For details, please refer to "Attention for lending ".|
Special Borrowing (For Members)
Borrowing for Writing Thesis and Dissertation
- Person can use the service: graduate students and 4th undergraduate student
- Borrowing Limit: 20 Books
- Applicable Books: General Books found in Central Library
- Return Date: The end of February of the academic year
- Note: To use this service, please apply to Circulation Desk.
Please click here to download the application form from "Application Forms" page.
Application acceptance hours: 9:00-17:00, Mon.-Fri.
Borrowing books to the Laboratory
- Person can use the service : Teachers with laboratory
- Borrowing Limit : unlimited
- Applicable Books : Book purchased with your faculty's research expenses
- Return Date : unlimited
- Note: Books purchased with your faculty's research expenses can be kept in the laboratory.
To use this service, please bring books which you want to borrow and apply to Circulation Desk.
- Exception: Teachers of Faculty of Letters, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Economics and Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences can keep in laboratories not only to purchasers but also to each other.
At Circulation Desk (Only Members and Students of The Open University of Japan）
Please bring the books you want to extend and the library card and come to Circulation Desk.
At My Library (Only Members)
You can renew via My Library. My Library is personal wes service for Okayama University members.
For details, please check My Library.
*Some materials can not be extended.
If you want to borrow a book that is presently showed "in circulation" on OPAC, you can reserve the book by using My Library.
For details, please click My Library.
If you are a student of The Open University of Japan, please come and apply to Circulation Desk.
Open hours: Please return materials to Circulation Desk.
Closed hours: Please drop materials in a book drop on the left of the entrance.
Don't return fragile materials such as CD and video in Book Post.
The borrowed books can be returned to both Central Library, Shikata Branch Library and IPSR Branch Library (except periodicals and audio materials).
If you return materials after the due date, you can't borrow or renew any materials for the period of delay.
Photocopying Library Materials
You can photocopy library materials within the bounds of the copyright law (charged).
When you make photocopies in the library, you must follow the copyright law.
- You are allowed to make photocopies of library materials only.
- You can photocopy less than half of the total pages of the work.
- You can make a single copy of the work, for the purpose of study or research.
Using the Photocopy Machines
The copy machines are located on 1F and 3F of West Building.
Please fill out the "Photocopy Application Form" near the machines before you photocopy materials.
Please select the machine type and make copies.
- Private expense (by coin) 1F of West Building
- Private expense (by prepaid card) 1F and 3F of West Building
There is a Prepaid card vending machine in Central Library.
- Public expense (by Public expense card) 1F of West Building
Copying by public expense requires Copy Card (Library Use only) issued by the library. If you have your own public expense and do not have this card yet, please apply at Reference Desk. (Service hour: 9:00-17:00, Mon.-Fri.)
When You don't Find Materials (Only for Members)
Even if Okayama University Library does not hold the materials you are looking for, you may still have a chance.
Please refer to "When You don't Find Materials".
Okayama University Central Library
FAX : 086-254-6152
E-mail address : fbe7318
* Please add @adm.okayama-u.ac.jp at the end of the E-mail address.